June is National Safety Month, promoted by the National Safety Committee (NSC), although every day should be devoted to ensuring safety this is an opportune time to review your current practices. Below are some of the ways that NCRI – National Catastrophe Restoration, Inc. implements safety in the workplace.
- NCRI maintains these certifications: HAZWOPER, Blood Borne Pathogen, Certified Mold Remediation Specialists, and Certified Healthcare Managers.
- In addition, NCRI maintains the ISO 9001 Certification, which requires external audits held to the highest standard in order to achieve exemplary service and safety.
- Internal safety memos as well as all-employee safety meetings when appropriate.
- Use of full PPE in the field when necessary.
- Health questionnaires in light of the pandemic to ensure both customer and employee safety.
- Practicing social distancing such as teleconference meetings, residing in individual offices, internal disinfection, utilizing air-cleaning machines that capture airborne chemicals.
What are some things you can do as we return to the workplace to keep yourself and others safe?
- Keep air circulating- NCRI has a great stock of charcoal filtered HEPA air scrubbers that will help increase air movement and assist your existing HVAC system.
- Total disinfection- We also offer electrostatic spraying and touchless disinfection, utilizing an EPA registered product(s) that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against COVID-19.
- Practice social distancing- host meetings via teleconference, stay in your office space, and keep face-to-face contact to a minimum.
- Take action to improve your mental health- keep in touch with friends, stretch, eat healthy, exercise, and spend time outdoors. Remind yourself that this is a temporary situation and know your efforts are keeping others safe.